Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Daddy and Rachael, Day 2

Day 2 started off great - she slept until almost 8 and was a snuggle bug when she woke up. After some wake up snuggles we got dressed and headed off to the mall. The mall was mostly empty except for the people walking for exercise before the stores opened. We got breakfast at Panera and headed over to the kid's play area. The play area was deserted when we arrived, but within 5 minutes there was a handful of other kids running, climbing, and playing.

After Rach played for an hour or two we grabbed some lunch and headed out to drop her off at daycamp. We were there a little early so we just sat around outside (I couldn't remember if camp started at 12:30 or 1PM). After dropping her off I just sat around in the parking lot and listened to podcasts. We left camp at 3:30 and headed back home.

Back at home I went to work on the kitchen - I'm trying to keep things clean. Did dishes and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. Cooked up some pizza for dinner. We played on the computer for a little bit after dinner then Rach decided that she wanted to go for a walk. We walked over to the new park by the house and she played tag for about an hour or so.

Bedtime was a little rough - she was dead tired but wouldn't fall asleep. I gave up trying to get her asleep in her bed and told her just to come into my room. Finally she passed out around 10:30. Once she fell asleep I woke up and couldn't sleep so I sat in bed watching COPS on my iPod until after midnight.

No comments: