Thursday, July 3, 2008

Daddy and Rachael, Day 4

We got started around 7:30. First order of business was getting face paint scrubbed off of Rach - I let her fall asleep with her face painted like a butterfly. I know, bad daddy. Then it was off to the mall. I tried to get the van an oil change, but it was going to be a 3 hour wait, so that was a no-go. We grabbed some McD's and headed off to story time.

Story time was fun (lots of singing). After story time we headed home. Rach started complaining about her tummy not feeling well, so she munched on a plain piece of bread and some fruit salad - she felt better afterwards. I dropped her off at camp (it's water day!) and headed home to pack for my mom's.

After camp we headed up to my mom's B&B in Lancaster PA. We stopped by my kid sister's place in York to get my niece and then stopped on the way to grab some pizza. We got to my mom's place and munched on some really good pizza. When we were done we walked next dor to one of her Amish neighbor's place. Rach and Emma played with their little girl, Sarah, while my mom, stepfather, and I sat around talking with the rest of the family. A *very*nice evening.

When it was time for bed Rach, Emma, and I piled onto a pullout couch. I put "Cars" on the DVD player and the girls watched until they finaly dozed off around 10.

No comments: