Saturday, July 5, 2008

Daddy and Rachael, Day 5

Day 5 was definitely our roughest day so far. Not that there wasn't some fun and cool stuff too, but Rach was kind of whiny and I was tired from the start. Here's a recap.

Sharing a bed with both Emma and Rachael is tough. Each of them is a wiggle worm, but together it's 10 times worse, so I woke pretty much ready for a nap. Exhausted. We hung out at my mom's until after lunch time. Once my kid sister made it to my mom's a little after noon we went on a field trip to Straussburg.

Straussburg has a truly kick-ass ice cream parlor. Excellent! We all got some ice cream. After our snack Donte and I took the girls (and Avery) to the train museum. Very cool place - we'll definitely have to go back some time. After Straussburg we headed back to my mom's place and fired up the grill, cooking up some burgers and dogs. It had been raining on and off all day, so we skipped fireworks and watched the ones from DC on the tv.

Rach and I headed off to bed when the fireworks were over. Didn't take long before we knocked out.

No comments: